one web geek paranoid about data privacy issues that shares a name with a famous photographer
- Visit facebook.com for the first time in months to check privacy settings, after a weekend full of old college friend facebook messages leaves you wondering what’s happened.
- Note that profile is still configured to show info in public (google, etc) searches. Decide to investigate.
- Search on name.
- Note that David Hamilton the photographer is still consuming all the top results for your name.
- Idly click on one of the David Hamilton the photographer google links
- Find oneself on a page that looks a lot like child porno (the kids arent naked, they’re scantily clad, but it’s pretty scant, and the site name has lolita in the title), freak out, and close the browser tab.
- Realize you never logged out of facebook when the facebook tab is revealed.
- Curse and fret.
Fscking facebook man.